Specialist in Shoulder and Elbow pathology
Davide Blonna was born in Turin on February 13, 1977.
He obtained his scientific high school diploma in the school year 1995-96. Enrolled in the Faculty of Medicine and Surgery of the University of Turin in the Academic Year 1996-97, he graduated in Medicine and Surgery in the academic year 2001-2002 with points 110/110 and Praise.
Qualified as a surgeon with state exam taken in the second session of 2003 in Turin. He graduated in Orthopedics and Traumatology at the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Turin in December 2008, with points 70/70 and honors.
Specialist in Shoulder and Elbow pathology, he attended hospitals in Europe and the United States in order to deepen topics such as arthroscopic treatment of shoulder and elbow pathologies and sports traumatology
Specifically, he attended:
– the Reading Shoulder Unit Reading-London, UK, for a period of 3 months where he learned the minimally invasive techniques for shoulder surface prosthetics.
– the shoulder and elbow surgery unit of the Mayo Clinic hospital, Rochester, MN, USA, (Prof. S. O’Driscoll) for a period of approximately 1 year. During this period he learned the techniques of elbow arthroscopy in particular of the athlete.
Davide Blonna has presented scientific works in the form of Posters, Reports or Scientific Exhibit, DVD, in over 70 National and International conferences and published over 40 scientific articles.
He is currently a member of
- Italian Society of Orthopedics and Traumatology
- Italian Society of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery
- European Society of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery
- Italian Society of Surgery and Traumatology.
- From September 2011 he was elected to the Educational Committee of the European Society of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery.
He still collaborates with the Mayo Clinic hospital in Rochester, MN, USA, as “International Research Collaborator”.
He is a member of the European Society of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery and has currently been elected to the Society’s Education Committee.
For the past 3 years he has been president of the anatomy courses of the European Shoulder and Elbow Society and has participated as a teacher in several international courses, including the Advanced course on Elbow Pathology in Madrid, Spain and the International Shoulder Innsbruck Anatomy Course , in Inssbruck, Austria.
In 2015 he represented the European Shoulder and Elbow Society at EFORT, Prague
He currently works as a 1st level Medical Director at the Mauriziano hospital in Turin where he is the Head of the reconstructive pathology of the shoulder and elbow
He is actively involved in basic and clinical research with over 30 publications in journals indexed on Pubmed.
- Knee arthroscopy
- Epicondylitis (tennis elbow)
- Hip prosthesis
Diagnostic and therapeutic methodologies
Shoulder and elbow arthroscopy, Open shoulder and elbow operations (including ligament and prosthetic reconstruction), Hip and knee arthroscopy, Anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction, Infiltrations, Hip prosthesis implants, Complex reconstruction of shoulder and elbow, Elbow treatment stiff and stiff shoulder, Arthroscopic treatment of tennis elbow.